Final Project

https://vimeo.com/266756404

For my final project, I had to think of something different because I cant sing or dance. I choose to do this because recently I lost someone close to me, It doesn't matter who or how but It caused a lot of sadness in my life. This person was my life. Everybody wants to be happy and nobody wants to feel pain. Happiness is a choice, it's not going to happen unless you strive to be happy. I liked making this video because I learned a lot about the concept of happiness. Sometimes we don't take the most conventional paths but as long as you're heading in the right direction you'll be okay.

Script:

"What is happiness??? Great question actually, its possibly the greatest. The dictionary defines it as “The state of being happy” but what is it. We can tell whether or not we are happy but what is it and how do we achieve it. Let me start like this. I'm Tyler one of the 7.3 billion people on this earth. I have a car, a place to live, and a TV. Enough to place me above the average living standard measurements in the world. But is this what makes me happy. NO. The media and corporations consume us wherever we go setting benchmarks on the idea of happiness. Controlling the perception of how much we need to be happy. The more you have the better life is right? Wrong! | A chocolate, a couple drinks, your favorite song, likes on your Instagram photos, friends, a new t-shirt, a cigarette, a laptop, a book, a lot of these things can make you happy. Yes. But that's for the now...... I do believe that being present is important but first, you have to establish your personal foundations of happiness within before escaping into the world of instant gratification that we live in today, I feel its a large reason for the increase in worldwide depression. How do I do this you ask? It’s simple, here's an equation I came across that makes so much sense. Happiness = reality/expectation............. |It comes down to personal perception and being able to alter that as you grow from day to day and learn new things... Realizing the reality’s of what you're surrounded by and not comparing your life to someone else’s that you’re convinced is “living the dream” and saying its so unfair, they have it so easy but rather striving for greatness................ also be grounded and remain appreciative of what you have. We are all so different and all want different outcomes for our lives but if you keep searching for the beauties in the world..., you’ll eventually start living in a beautiful world. Sadness is vital, without the rain well never see the rainbow. Being happy is not the easiest road because there is no destination. You don’t just arrive at avenue happy and stop moving. Rather it's about loving the path you choose to travel on and embracing the journey with open arms. And keep walking. Forever."

Comments

  1. This was not only deep, but also very well made. The video filters, voiceover, shot selections etc were all really well done and make the overall video really good. The parts where your drawing are also pretty cool and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts